Miss tagged me like, forever ago. Whoops!
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 things about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose the 5 people and put them on your journal.
5. Go to their page to inform them they are tagged.
(rules 6-10 are stupid so no)
10 things about me:
1. When I was born, my mom changed my name without telling my father: My mother says when she saw me she knew that the name that they had picked out for me (Caitlin-Shay) did not suit me at all. So when the nurse came in, she changed my name to Erin, since Erin was a name that my parents had been considering.
2. Yes that means my real name is not ‘Iris’. Though I much prefer being called Iris online. During high school, I even got most of my RL friends to call me ‘Iris’ and sometimes even my family sign cards and stuff ‘to Iris’, because it’s such an integrated part of my identity. (I’m totally fine with people calling me Iris IRL.)
3. I’ve met my boyfriend, and some of my very best friends, online. So far I have had the opportunity to meet 6 different people I’ve known online first before meeting them in real life. It was a pleasure each time, and I definitely have plans to meet more friends online in real life in the future.
4. My favorite thing in the world to draw is buff, shirtless men. I suspect this may have something to do with my early roots of drawing being inspired a lot by Akira Toriyama/Dragon Ball Z. I also really love drawing soldiers/military men/men in uniforms, which probably comes from Resident Evil (between Chris Redfield, Billy Coen, and Leon S. Kennedy, I grew up with a lot of ‘cops’ and ‘armed forces’ guys). But men are just so much more enjoyable for me to draw than women.
5. I’m the oldest of 4 siblings.
6. I’m going to college for a BFA – Bachelors of Fine Arts, with an emphasis in Illustration.
7. When I graduate, I plan on moving back east. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a job illustrating, there. My dream job, as of right now, would be to work on graphic novels.
8. I’m a proud Capricorn, and my Myers/Briggs type is INTJ
9. Chris Redfield (RE1-CVX/Umbrella Chronicles) is forever my childhood hero.
10. My favorite genre of film, game, and literature is probably psychological horror – I really detest slasher-horror and/or games that are littered with ‘jump scares’. For something to sincerely scare me and keep me awake at night, it has to be able to move me deeply. A lot of people probably think I’m a bit of a snoot when it comes to this kind of thing, but I just like to think that I have a really developed sense of taste when it comes to horror. I’ve seen, read, and played a ridiculous amount of horror in my day, and I consider myself something of a connoisseur.
The questions I have answers for:
1. What is the type of house you would love to have?
Probably something fairly small, but with a large studio. I don’t need (or even want) a big house. I want something reasonably sized, clean, comfortable, and with a lot of space to make art. That’s my ideal home.
2. What got you into art?
Honestly I cannot remember a time when I wasn’t drawing. As far as I’m concerned, I was born with a pencil in my hand. But things that really drove my passion for drawing as a kid were cartoons/movies, comic books, anime/manga, and videogames.
3. How do sleep at night? (like pitch black or all lights on)
Anything’s fine with me. I can sleep with lights on or off or just one light or absolutely no lights. Doesn’t really bug me. If I’m tired, I’m tired, and I’m going right to sleep.
4. What is your favorite animal?
Eeeghh that’s so hard, because I have so many favorite animals. I have a really hard time choosing just one. I like rabbits, cats, dogs, horses, snakes, foxes, ferrets, otters, frogs, bats, rats, hawks, falcons, eagles, and owls a lot, though.
5. You said you've got a T-Rex?
6. How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?
Uh... three and a half?
7. Favorite video game of all time?
Silent Hill 2, for sure. I love a lot of games, but that one just can’t be beat.
8. Are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a DeLorean?
9. If you could design a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade float what would it be?
Probably, a gigantic Espeon. (my favorite Pokemon. Don’t judge me.)
10. What is your favorite movie?
Honestly I never know how to answer this question, because I love so many movies. It really is hard for me to pick my very favorite. So instead, I guess I’ll just give you a list:
- 28 Days Later
- Batman: The Dark Knight
- Galaxy Quest
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Hocus Pocus
- Hot Fuzz
- Inglorious Bastards
- Kingdom Hospital (miniseries)
- Lady Hawk
- Lord of the Rings (trilogy)
- Lost in Space
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Prince of Egypt
- Princess Mononoke
- Shawn of the Dead
- Silence of the Lambs
- The 6th Sense
- The Last Unicorn
- Watership Down
- Zombie Land
My questions FOR YOU:
1. What’s your favorite colour and why?
2. Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf?
3. Mythological beast you’d ride into battle?
4. Does La Li Lu Le Lo mean anything to you?
5. Cake or pie?
6. It’s a zombie apocalypse, I get bit, what do you do?
7. Favorite Band?
8. What’s the last book you read?
9. Favorite videogame genre?
10. Top 5 OTP?
The tagged ones: